Pages

Friday, March 25, 2011

Where do you take your Toms?







Okay so by now, I'm pretty sure everyone knows, I'm obsessed with my Toms. Toms has this thing on it's website, Where Do You Wear Your Toms? Let me tell you about where I have worn mine.

Today was unbelievable. We went to the Mount of Beatitudes this morning. I love it there. It's so incredibly gorgeous with the beautiful gardens, over-looking the Sea of Galilee. The beauty is almost too much (although for me that's how I feel about much of Israel). After we left, our guide, wanted to know how adventurous we wanted to be. We all agreed we would be up for where ever she would lead us. So we walked down a dirt path from the Mount of Beatitudes to the Sea of Galilee. I can't even use words to describe the walk down. First it was so incredibly beautiful and to answer where do you wear your Toms? through the mud. It rained most of the day yesterday. Sooooo, down the dirt/mud path we walked. We were laughing the whole time as we stop every couple minutes to retrieve our lost shoes or scrap the 10 pounds of mud that was sticking to the bottom of them. Johnathan spent the walk down holding his pant legs up as he kinda duck walked. It was quite the sight. We did finally cut off the path a little so we could get out of the mud and opted to walk instead through the forest of banana trees. We were rewarded near the bottom with a really cool cave, that I'm sorry Darrell, we didn't in fact discover.

The walk was truly one of those moments you won't forget. It was fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment