Pages

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Getting From There to Here

Well we finally made it. Two things the flight over here confirmed, most important, I love El Al. And really a really close second, I can not sleep on planes. I close my eyes but never really fall asleep, no matter how tired I am.

Typically, I'm a Southwest girl, I don't always get to fly them but when I have a choice, I definitely will chose Southwest, however if El Al flew domestically, sign me up!

We started the journey with passes to the King David Lounge. It's like a little bit of Israel in NY. There was great foods to snack on, soft drinks, wine, and beer. It was fabulous; it quickly became our dinner for the evening.

Two things from the flight that I totally have to thank my mom for, 1. the neck rest pillow (I have to admit, I have never been a big fan, but hello, her neck pillow was awesome!) 2. also her recommended read, Heaven is for Real by Todd Burpo. Let me just say, fabulous book! I flew through it so quickly. Definitely a great read!

So after some slight hiccups (mainly one of our guys was questioned extensively by security at customs control, which really confirmed to all of us how important safety is here and actually made us feel better) we are now all safely checked in to the hotel. We've been fed (really over fed) and now just preparing for a 6:30 a.m. wake up call. Yikes!

Tomorrow starts a full day of touring, Jaffa, Caesarea, Muchraka, Akko and Nazareth. For now I am going to get to bed, after I enjoy the awesome dates the hotel kindly left for me along with fresh apples.

5 comments:

  1. uuummmm...so are you going to be anywhere near Jerusalem???? I just got home from work and saw there was a bad bombing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are heading to Jerusalem in a few days. Right now they are watching the situation. Hopefully it was an isolated incident. Today we will be ending up in Nazareth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So funny that you used mom's neck pillow!! She'll be so proud of you. Maybe next time you can borrow dad's fanny pack! It will look good with your Toms. You loved the book? Bring it the next time you come in so I can read it. Hope you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jill, I'm travelng vicariously through you. Enjoy and keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Kim! It has been an amazing trip so far!

    ReplyDelete