Pages

Friday, March 25, 2011

Up the Coast




So I was planning to get up this morning and blog about the day yesterday, honest I was, I was just so tired last night I couldn't do it. So this morning I get up take a quick shower, I sit down to the computer with my soaking wet hair and the power at the hotel goes out. Which meant, no blogging and drying the hair. So with wet hair my day started.

But this is about yesterday. It's hard to believe I am back in Israel. And let me say I LOVE Israel. I honestly think I could live here if it wasn't so far away from my family. The people are amazing and really so generous of spirit.

The weather wasn't cooperating and rained on and off most of the day but it didn't stop us. We visited Harod's palace on the Mediterrian, Caesarea. It is amazing the destruction that happened through the centuries yet so much of it still remains and gives you the chance to really see how they lived so long ago.

Moving further up the coast we went to Muchraka on Mount Carmel. I have definitely been to other Mountains in the US that we higher but nothing more peaceful and breathtaking. To look out over the Jezereel Valley and see so much of Israel while hearing the singing of other groups around us was awesome.

The day ended in Akko. This was my first time here. It's a port city that was at one time home to the Crusaders. Today it is recognized as a World Heritage Site. To walk along the streets and see the ancient halls was a great experience. The port today is still an active port with fishing boats coming in and out.
This has already started off as an amazing trip and can only get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment