Pages

Sunday, March 27, 2011

From Branson to Nazareth




What an amazing day! Do I keep saying that? I feel like I keep using the words amazing, fantastic, awesome.... There are just no other words to describe Israel.

Today we went to Nazareth Village. Nazareth Village was created from the vision and support of a couple from Branson, Missouri. It is a reacreation of what a village would have looked like during Jesus's time. It was so neat to walk through the path of the village and see the donkeys, sheep and the goats. To see how people would have worked in the vineyards, the olive press, with carpentary and weaving.
Our guide at the village, Rani, was so knowledgeable. In walking through the village and hearing about daily life, as well as what the cruxcifiction would have been like we really got a sense of how Jesus lived over 2,000 years ago.
I have always pictured the cruxification as it would have been in movies, Jesus high on the cross. Most likely this wouldn't have been the case, he would have been at eye level with people. Can you imagine being able to look into his eyes and see the agony and pain so close to you? His poor mother having to sit there and see her son hurting not being able to do anything for her son. It makes me want to weep all over again thinking of his scariface for me.








Today, definitely made me see aspects of my faith in different ways, and strengthen it even more. It's humbling his love for me.





1 comment:

  1. Dear friend

    In these days I completed a book that deals with the "Flower of the Holy Land". The book intended to serve as a "Plants of Israel" guide, in the "Christianity mirror", for Christian pilgrims. The Book included botanical aspects of the plants, along with the religious context of Christian tradition, the New Testament and Jesus in Proverbs. During the collection of materials, I was exposed to your website and found an appropriate picture of the Shepherd beside the olive tree and the donkeys, to the book content. I would be grateful if you allow me to use the picture in my book, of course while maintaining the credit, as required by law, in order not to violate the rights holder.

    Sincerely yours,

    Ami Tamir

    t.ami.avak@gmail.com

    972-538289572

    ReplyDelete