Pages

Sunday, April 3, 2011

The Man Chair


Okay, I'm going to admit, I totally don't understand the recliner. A group of my friends and I were out last night, enjoying the Pens game (which was a victory, I might add) and somehow we got to talking about recliners.


I really think they are a guy thing, They are just not something I can say I am dying to go out and purchase. I don't think having a recliner will make my house complete. Brian, tried explaining to me last night, it's a chair you can lay in and watch TV. What I think he means is it's a chair you can fall asleep in, which is evidenced by the photo his wife takes of him every year at Christmas time. (sorry Brian)


Give me a nice sofa or even a Chaise lounge and I'm happy. A recliner? I'm just not so sure about it. My father, after wanting one for years, finally went out and bought himself one. And make no mistake that's his chair. I think in the month he has had it my mother might have sat in it twice. I really think he thinks of it as his throne. He who sits in the armchair rules the house.


Who knows, maybe someday, I'm going to see just the right one and have to have it but for now, I'll stick with the more traditional sofa/loveseat combination.




2 comments:

  1. After a long, unpleasant day, my heated, vibrating recliner is the best thing in the world. Give it a try:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still just haven't been able to bring myself to try it.

    ReplyDelete